The King's Cheesecake
A King never follows
- 110g ginger biscuits
- 50g unsalted butter
- 350g cottage cheese
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine
- 2 large free range egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp The King's Ginger
- 150 ml double cream
- 20cm flan tin with removable base
- Prepare the base by breaking the biscuits into a fine rubble and add the melted butter. Mix thoroughly. Press evenly into the bottom of the flan tin. Refrigerate whilst preparing the filling.
- Put the gelatine into a small cup with three tablespoons cold water and stand this in a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Leave for 10 minutes until the gelatine looks transparent.
- Next blend the cottage cheese, egg yolks and sugar in a liquidiser for one minute. Add the lemon zest, juice and gelatine (pass it through a strainer). Blend until well combined and the mixture smooth. Whip the cream into soft peaks and fold this, together with The King's Ginger into the cheesecake mix.
- Pour into the flan tin, cover and chill for three hours. Serve: Decorate with small pieces of chopped crystallised ginger.
Serve the King
Delightfully sociable, mixing well with others, it forms the base of a number of delicious cocktails and irresistible food options.All recipes